About John Laurence Seymour
A composer and playwright, Seymour was best known in his own lifetime for his operas. His In the Pasha's Garden was premiered at the Metropolitan Opera with Lawrence Tibbett in the leading role.
- Antigone (c. 1920)
- The Protége (c. 1920)
- Les précieuses ridicules
Libretto after Moliere.
- In the Pasha's Garden
Libretto by the composer.
January 24, 1935, Metropolitan Opera, New York
Libretto by H. C. Tracy.
- Ollanta, el Jefe Kolla
Libretto by F. Diaz de Medina.
- Bachelor Belles, operetta (1922)
- Golden Days, operetta (1936)
- Hollywood Madness, operetta (1936)
- Two Gentlemen of Verona, operetta (1937)
- The Devil and Tom Walker, operetta (1942)
- The Three Brothers, operetta (1942)
- Ming Toy, musical (1949)
- The Lure and the Promise, operetta (1960)
Last update: January 1, 2009